Friday, May 18, 2007

Vegan Lemon Blueberry Cupcake


Another freezing day! I hate this weather. I miss the sun, hanging out on a sunny balcony with a beer...
I was so annoyed about yesterday's failure. So I had to bake again (and also to heat up this place! )
Ok, so this time I only used one kind of measuring cup, and I measured carefully.

I modified the basic vanilla recipe a bit;
For the liquid part, 1/2 lemon juice + 1 Tbs Vinegar + Rice Milk + 1/4 cup Soy milk = 1 1/4 cup
One lemon zest
about 1/2 cup frozen blueberry


This time the batter consistency was right. They came out great, just as I hoped to be, fluffy and moist are back again : )
The baking time was about 18 minutes (a little longer for the frozen fruits). The cakes are done but looking pale, so the next time I should just leave them in the oven for 20 minutes.