Saturday, April 28, 2007

Vegan Orange Cardamon Cupcake with Vanilla frosting


I used the vegan vanilla cupcake recipe as a base and added 1tsp of ground cardamon and orange zest of one orange.
I did not measure sugar nor oil precisely, I got lazy. The texture came out a little dry, and I know it was because of the amount of oil, perhaps.



The frosting is made of margarin, coconut oil (this is like lard. I got the jar at an asian grocery store), vanilla essence and powered sugar.
I did not measure, but roughly,

2 tsp margarin (room temperature)
1 Tbs coconut oil (room temperature)
1 cup powdered sugar

Just mix the above really well and whip with fork.
Then add 1/2 tsp vanilla and some soy milk (about 1 to 2 Tbs) a little by little. The more milk you add the texture becomes softer. The volume should double up by the end.....